Stay With Us
Photos above by: Chip Allen
Make Our House Your Home
Ronald McDonald House Charities and the Sacramento Ronald McDonald House offer families facing a medical crisis a place to rejuvenate and re-group away from the hospital. Our goal is to provide a safe haven of comfort and support so that your family is able to put 100% of your focus into your child’s recovery. From the moment you enter our doors, we want your family to be comfortable. But most importantly, we want to provide you the support you need so you can focus on the most important thing — your child’s healing.
If you need to stay at the Sacramento Ronald McDonald House read the information below:
- Patient is 21 years or younger receiving pediatric in-patient or out patient treatment at a Sacramento area Hospital or clinic.
- Live at least 30 miles away from Sacramento.
- High Risk Pregnancy- note from physician indicating Mother needs to be close to the hospital.
Priority Placement Criteria:
- NICU/PICU families
- Pediatric In-Patient and Acute Out- Patient
- Pediatric Out-Patient
- High Risk Pregnancy Mother
- Any individual that has been convicted of child abuse or who is the subject of a pending child abuse case.
- Any individual that has committed an offense against a child, or if they are required to register as a sex offender under Penal Code 290.
- Any individual that has been convicted of domestic violence or subject of a pending domestic violence abuse case.
Requesting a room:
If you meet the above requirements, get a referral- Contact your child’s social worker/ case manager.
- Sacramento Area Hospitals Served:
- UC Davis Medical Center
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Sutter Medical Center
- Dignity Health
- Kaiser Permanente
Once a referral is received, a Guest Services Associate will call you to condirm and to ask a few follow up questions. Please keep in mind that room referrals are not guaranteed and a back up plan is advised. Once the referral is confirmed, you will be placed on our wait list until we can book you. Once we book the room, a guest services associate will contact you directly. If you do not need the room, please contact us as soon as possible, so we can offer the room to another family from our wait list.
- Families are able to check-in between 2:00pm-8:00pm on the first day of their stay.
- Check out is by 11:00AM on the last day of the stay. Should you need to checkout unexpectedly, contact a Guest Services Associate on duty. Please consider that we cannot offer a room to another family on the wait list if you check out after 11:00AM.
- Each family is asked to donate $20 per night or whatever portion they can afford. No one is ever turned away for their inability to pay.
Rooms & Amenities:
The Sacramento Ronald McDonald House is home to 38 families each night.
- Each family has access to the following:
- Private bedroom with a bathroom that holds a maximum of four guests. We do have some rooms that accommodate 5 guests, please as a Guest Services Associate.
- Community laundry room, dining room, family room, play room, living room, computer room, playground, and outdoor grill.
- Community kitchen with individual mini-fridge and food cabinet.
- Each kitchen stocks non-perishable food items for the families.
- Families are responsible for providing any other food items they need during their stay.
- Occasionally, outside community organizations may provide a meal for families staying at the House.
- There is a shuttle service for Shriners Children Hospital and UC Davis Medical Center that runs from 7:15am – 4:45PM. It arrives in front of the Ronald McDonald House at the 15 and 45 of each hour. Shuttle services after 4:45PM are provided on request. Please ask the Guest Services Associate on duty.
- There is an Uber Service for approved Sutter Families. Ask the Guest Services Associate on duty.
- The Sacramento Ronald McDonald House is located directly behind the UC Davis Medical Center and just down the street from Shriners Hospitals for Children.
- 2555 49th Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
- 2555 49th Street
WHAT WE DO
Keeping families together to help kids heal and cope better
SACRAMENTO RONALD McDONALD HOUSE
Keeping Families Close
Learn Moresacramento house
CAMP RONALD McDONALD AT EAGLE LAKE
A SPECIAL PLACE FOR SPECIAL CAMPERS
DONATE YOUR VEHICLE
Donate your vehicle and we'll pick it up for FREE and you get a tax deduction!
Learn Morevehicle donation
Mulvaney's Dinner fundraiser event
A family style dinner specially prepared by Patrick Mulvaney! Wednesday, Nov. 9th!
Learn MoreMulvaney's Dinner fundraiser event
RMHC Scholarship information
Assistance for students to achieve their college dream
Learn MoreRMHC Scholarship information