Camp Ronald McDonald® at Eagle Lake
Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California successfully hosted its 19th summer camp program at Eagle Lake. Campers spent a week under the sun enjoying various activities from arts and crafts, drama, sports, outdoor education, waterfront activities, and nutrition education. The campers also took pleasure in campfires, carnivals, talent shows, dances, Special Olympics, and enchanted night hikes. Camp Ronald McDonald, a beautiful layout and environment, is home to nine cabins, two shower houses, a dining hall, amphitheater, campfire pit, beach volleyball court, sand pit, dock and water front, basketball court, and plenty of grassy playing fields.
Our summer schedule included various programs, from: Camp ReCreation, Family Counseling Services, Camp Eagle Lake, Camp Signshine, Hanot Foundation, and Lassen County Kids Week.
- Family Counseling Services celebrated its 12th summer at Camp Ronald McDonald this year, providing services to children who have been sexually abused. These campers participated in all the exciting activities of camp and were able to participate in group therapy that will lend the campers tools for the future.
- Camp ReCreation celebrated its 10th summer at Camp Ronald McDonald this year, a summer program with two different sessions filled with a Love, Peace, and Camp theme. Camp ReCreation provides campers with developmental disabilities the opportunity for fun, social interaction, skill development, and spiritual growth.
- For our 18th summer we held Lassen County Kids summer camp. Lassen County Kids is our local camp and serves children from the local community of Lassen County. This year we hosted a staggering 83 campers and 28 volunteer cabin counselors! Most of our counselors, who are such a big part of making our summer GREAT, came from Susanville and the Sacramento area.
- Camp Eagle Lake holds two different sessions throughout the summer and hosted 111 campers this summer in those two weeks. Our second session ventured into a new partnership with 4-H Adventure Camps serving children with special needs of military families. The Camp Eagle Lake program provides campers who are at risk, disadvantaged, and/or living with physical, developmental, and emotional disabilities with a program that promotes individuality.
- Camp Signshine offers a unique opportunity for those hearing impaired children, as well as their siblings and children of deaf parents, to interact with their peers in a fun, traditional, camp setting.
- Camp Ronald McDonald at Eagle Lake also hosts the Hanot Foundation which serves developmentally disabled adults and provides them with a warm, supportive, and loving environment that is the least restrictive for an adult individual.
And finally, a big shout-out and THANK YOU to all of our wonderful camp counselors! Our fantastic and creative camp counselors came from all over the world, including places such as Russia, Canada, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Illinois, Minnesota, Kentucky, Texas, and California!